Monday, August 25, 2014

Bainbridge Ga to Orlando Florida

After leaving Bainbridge Ga, we headed back into Florida, destination...Orlando. We were anxious to see our daughter and her family who were meeting us there to visit for two weeks. While Debi and I don't do the ride thing very much, the kids were looking forward to doing just that. Deb and I volunteered to watch our 8 month old grandson while they 'did their thing'....

The trip south was pretty uneventful with beautiful countryside and very little traffic. We stopped for the night in Perry Florida and arrived in Orlando the next afternoon. The kids arrived later that evening.




Passing through some of the smaller towns off the Interstate has it's advantages. Many of the trees lining the streets were covered in Spanish Moss. While it's abundant in the south, it fetches a premium price on the West Coast.





US 27 carried very little traffic and in my humble opinion, is every bit as nice as any of our Interstates, but without the hustle and bustle of the traffic in a hurry to get somewhere.






I haven't yet been able to wrap my head around all the strange names of places in Florida, but I'm working on it. I almost had my Y'all perfected and now we are out of Alabama.






Finally made it to our destination, Thousand Trails, Orlando. We will be here two weeks babysitting while the young ones enjoy Disney and Universal.




After setting up the coach, we had our first visitors....two sand cranes came to visit...well, actually to beg. I gave them a hand full of Cheerios, snapped a few pictures and sent them on their way.







Unfortunately they wouldn't take 'that's all folks' from me and returned every morning and evening looking for handouts. I told Jasmine to leave them alone and they pretty much ignored each other while we were there. We had the baby in the stroller one night and one of them came too close and she growled softly and they left.





Every night, Disney World has fireworks. Just down the road from our campsite is the lake. Disney World is right across this lake so you can watch the fireworks from benches along the lake. We decided it would be better though, if we swam in the pool rather than the lake.














Part of Hwy 4 leading into Orlando proper.
 "I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream". Along Hwy 192 outside Orlando.



No comments:

Post a Comment